How to Read?



The objective of this book is not to advise or chide the ignorant. We see the challenges which are arising due to a decrease in reading habit amongst the people. This is affecting different areas like politics, business, academics, industry, science, arts and so on. This has become a national issue. Each one of us has to join together to understand the root cause of this issue. I would like to put forward my views which I gained through my experience. I would also like to share a few tips which proved to be helpful for me. I believe readers who come up with contradicting points would make for an interesting discussion.

By referring to students in this book, we are covering all the people across the gender spectrum. This book is written in detail to provide an in-depth analysis. This is contrary to my nature. Also, since we are talking about reading throughout the book, it might come across as if I am spreading propaganda about reading. It would also cause boredom to the reader. If you don't have the patience to read through the whole book, please read the monetary benefits of Reading and Ways to improve reading habits alone.

This book contains all the characteristics to be neglected. The people who this book targets are already distracted by other constraints. Parents who are concerned about their children's wellbeing and professor who care for their students can recommend this book to them.

I would like to thank my wife Thirukuralarasi who made it possible for me to write this book without any disturbances when the whole world was under lockdown due to corona. I would like to extend my thanks to my editor friend Srinivasa Gopalan and the illustrator Santhosh Narayanan who added beauty to the book.

I would like to extend my gratitude to my friend Nandhini who has worked on translating my book beautifully. Through her work, she has helped spread the thoughts of a villager to the world. Special thanks to my friend Thilagavathi who took an interest in spreading the word about my book to the wider audience. I am also indebted to the readers who brought the Tamil version of the book and gave their feedback.

I am dedicating this book to Writer Bava Sellathurai, who, through his storytelling, made it possible for precious works of modern Tamil literature to reach a wider audience.

Selventhiran
k.selventhiran@gmail.com


Comments

Popular Posts